Fish oil for dogs has lots of benefits according to pet health studies. It is known to combat health problems in the heart, kidneys, skin, and joints with the help of omega 3 fatty acids. Hence, fish oil is one of the main supplements added to your dog’s diet. However, is it the same as fish oil for humans? Find out below.
Can You Use Fish Oil for Humans as Fish Oil for Dogs?
Human Fish Oil
Giving your dogs fish oil for humans are fine. However, you have to be very careful on the dosage to avoid complications. While human fish oil is safe for your pet, there are also fish oil capsules and drops specially designed?for dogs. You may want to opt for these instead of providing your dogs the supplements you should be taking yourself. One of our favorite new fish oil brands are Naturegood Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil drops. They’re packed with only high-quality, all-natural ingredients formulated specifically for dogs. Additionally, always consult your vet first before giving your dogs fish oil intended for humans.
The Benefits of Fish Oil for Dogs
Considering fish oil as your dog’s food supplement will give numerous benefits. Below are just a few you may want to note:
Fish Oil Benefits For Your Dog:
- Appetite – Dogs who take fish oil supplements have seen improvement in their appetite than those who don’t. Aside from its health benefits, fish oil adds flavor to your dog’s food too, making your dog eat better.
- Coat and skin – Fish can oil also give your dog a healthy coat and skin. It can help regenerate healthy skin cells and strengthens your dog’s hair follicles without itchiness.
- Immune system – Fish oil is known to boost your dog’s immune system, keeping the infections and diseases at bay.
- Heart – It can help lower your dog’s blood pressure and provides support to other body parts such as kidneys and joints.
- Mental health – Apart from the abovementioned, fish oil can also aid the cognitive aspects of your dog’s functionality.
- Energy – Since fish oil improves your dog’s appetite, a boost in energy will certainly follow. This means more play time with your best bud.
Fish Oil Dosage
As mentioned earlier, giving fish oil to your dogs intended for humans is considered safe. Just make sure to give the right dosage. But how would you know if you’re giving the proper dosage? The smaller the size of your dog is, the smaller the amount of fish oil you should give. On the other hand, you can give the larger dogs a capsule or two of human fish oil, but still depending on its breed. Also, remember dogs that have allergies may need higher dosages than others. Consult with your vet before giving your dogs human fish oil supplements, and they can confirm dosage ammounts.
After reviewing the safety of human fish oil for dogs, get to see its benefits on screen and find out why it’s your pet’s next best friend. Press the play button to watch the video below!
Let’s continue to give our dogs the best care they deserve. If your vet says it’s okay for your dog to have human fish oil capsules, then supply it with the correct dosage. Remember, your dog is not just a pet or a buddy, it’s part of your family too, so protect and feed it like it’s one of you.
Have you tried giving your dogs fish oil meant for humans? How did your dog respond to it? Let us know in the comments section below!