If your cats are showing signs of fleas, then it’s time to begin your search for the best cat flea medicine. Whether that be what your vet recommends, or some natural flea and tick prevention, it’s easy to reach for whatever looks good. However, before making any purchases, it’s worth checking to see if your flea medication is indeed safe for your cat. Read on to learn more about the safety of flea medicine for cats.
What You Need to Know About Flea Medicine for Cats
What Is Flea Medicine?
Quite simply, flea medicine eliminates fleas. This medicine can put an end to the itching plaguing your pet.
Who Needs Flea Medicine?
- Pets?? Dogs, cats, rabbits, you name it, and the animal probably needs flea medicine! Flea medicine becomes especially critical once your pet begins showing signs of infestation.
- Humans ??Like animals, humans can be bitten by fleas as well. Strange though it may seem, that’s why humans occasionally need flea treatments too.
When Is Flea Medicine Not Safe for Cats?
While flea treatments can become necessary, there are still flea medicines that might harm your cat. As a pet owner, that’s why it’s so important to look out for brands that have the following chemicals on your cat’s flea medicine ingredients:
When you see these active ingredients, especially on spot-on pesticide products, call your vet immediately and ask for an alternative treatment for flea?infestation. These products can cause your cat to experience dangerous side effects, like convulsions and seizures. Make sure to protect your cat from both fleas and pain by avoiding these harmful chemicals and opting for safer treatments.
What Is the Best Flea Medicine You Can Give to Cats?
Flea medicines containing toxic chemicals are definitely a no-no for your cat. The best alternative to these chemically-intense and dangerous medications are treatments made out of therapeutic essential oils. You can also opt for the environment-friendly and nontoxic flea-control medicines that have herbs and vitamins to successfully repel fleas.
Why Is Flea Medicine Important?
? Ewan Johnstone (@mrejohnstone) June 26, 2017
Flea medicine for cats is necessary whenever fleas are present. Remember, taking care of your cat’s fur is part of taking care of your pet’s holistic health. You can spot a flea infestation by watching for movement in your cat’s fur and irritation on their skin. Once spotted, you can provide safe flea medicine for your furry friend that not only soothes the itch, but also gives them back the harmonious pet life they deserve.
How Do You Know if Your Cats Need This?
Once you’ve determined there are fleas present, here’s a list?of tips you can use to determine if your cat needs flea medicine and how serious the infestation is:
- Set up an appointment with your vet to check the status of your cat’s flea infestation. The vet can also recommend flea medicine that’ll suit your cat’s health condition.
- If you’ve already noticed fleas crawling around your house, know that you should immediately search for some flea medication for your cats
- Start giving your cats flea medicine during warm season months to effectively get rid of fleas. These months are the beginning of the flea season, meaning fleas can be quickly eliminated with medicine.
Here’s a video from Relax My Cat for more information on how to get rid of fleas at home:
Now that you know about flea medicine for cats, we hope your pet will stay pest free. Remember, opt for a constant flea control in the house and groom your cats regularly to help prevent fleas. Additionally, remember to always ask a vet’s advice before making any decisions about your cat’s health.
Do you have any other insights and recommendations regarding flea medicine for cats? Tell us in the comments below!